Consultant Social Worker - Children Looked After Team - Hertfordshire - Up to £48,857 per annum
An experienced Consultant Social Worker is required to join a Children's Looked After Team based in Hertfordshire.
The successful candidate will have significant senior level frontline experience in a safeguarding team. You will be focused on helping children and families to change their lives for the better.
You will already have highly developed specialist knowledge of Social Work practice. Your advanced expertise and knowledge will help you to take the lead on the most complex cases within the department.
Benefits of this Social Worker role include:
* Competitive starting salary up to £48,857 per annum depending on experience (including up to £5k market forces & £1k welcome payment)
* Relocation expenses of up to £6000 for those candidates that need to relocate for the role
* Car lease scheme
* Free parking at all of their sites
* Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
* Flexible working arrangements including working from home and flexi time
* Up to 33 days annual leave entitlement
* Staff discounts in gyms, travel agents, car sales, restaurants and days out
Responsibilities of this Social Worker role include:
* Provide a range of support for young people to help them come to terms with what has happened in their lives
* Provide them with a permanent home and help them prepare for work and independence.
* Be fully committed to working in partnership with young people; their parents and other professionals to provide and develop services to ensure their health needs are attended to and help them catch up with their school work.
* Ensure that you work closely with our Children In Care Council who are a group of young people who have experienced being in care and help us to continually improve the way we promote the best interests of children.
* Researching and sharing up to date social work practice alongside creating a clear vision for the future and ensuring the best outcomes for children and their families are realised.
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role include:
* Degree or equivalent in Social Work
* Registered with Social Work England
* Post qualified experience
* Strong written and verbal skills
* Eligible to work in the UK
For more information please email email@example.com