Social Worker - Children Looked After - Leaving Care - Sandwell - £30,451 - £40,876 per annum
We have partnered with Sandwell Trust in the West Midlands to provide experienced Social Workers to their Looked After Children/ Leaving Care services. This is a great opportunity to join a progressive and engaging trust who are committed to your continuous learning and development.
The service provides their Social Workers with 15 days per year for professional development and offer learning placements of up to 6 months in order to expand your knowledge.
The benefits of this Social Worker role:
* £30,451 - £40,876 per annum
* 15 days per year for professional development
* Learning placements of up to 6 months
* Career development opportunities
* Stable and supportive team
As a Social Worker working in Children in Care & Care Leavers you will:
* Assess the vulnerability of Sandwell's children, providing a service that will significantly improve their quality of life.
* Utilise your developing skills and knowledge to inform Care Planning in order to promote change and positive outcomes for our young people
* Most importantly you will empower children, young people and their families/carers by listening to their views and ensuring their voice is heard.
* You will be passionate about supporting and advocating for young people to ensure they reach their goals and have the best possible futures.
Essential requirements of this Social Worker position:
* Social Worker qualified
* Have completed your ASYE programme in a children and families setting
* Possess a sound knowledge of legislation and guidance
* Have excellent analytical skills and be able to make informed decisions with information you have gathered, that has a positive impact on the child's journey
* Have the ability to analyse information and make informed decisions
* You will need to be self-motivated, organised with effective communication skills both written and verbally
* Good knowledge of child development
* A clear decision maker and good team worker
* A current Enhanced DBS and registration with Social Work England
For more information please email email@example.com