Social Worker - Looked After Children Team - Bedford - £36,756 - £42,153 per annum
We are recruiting for an experienced Social Worker to join a Looked After Children Team based in Bedford.
This is a great time to join Bedford, as they work towards an exciting transformation plan. The focus is on developing the early intervention and prevention strategies and supporting this with an efficient and effective social care system.
Benefits of this Social Worker role include:
* £4000 bonus payments to candidates joining the Looked After Children Team (paid after 6 months probationary period)
* Up to £8,000 Relocation Package
* A smaller remit that neighbouring authorities - Bedford covers a relatively small geographical area and therefore limited travel to visits
* Flexible working arrangements
* Generous annual leave entitlement
* Technology to support agile working
* A clearly defined career progression scheme for all social workers
Responsibilities of this Social Worker role include:
* Develop and maintain effective relationships with service users, their families and carers.
* Work effectively on complex situations, use their initiative and evaluate their own and others practice.
* Responsible for a caseload of more complex cases, providing advice to other social workers in relation to their cases.
* Provides casework supervision to other social workers in the team and may also supervise students, trainees, less experienced professional team members, support staff and volunteers.
* Write high quality reports as required and where required give evidence in court in relation to care proceedings.
* Participate in the planning / reviewing of cases.
* Provide advice and support and promote independence and early intervention, as necessary.
* Liaise with colleagues in own or other departments or external agencies to gather relevant information for assessment and care planning activities.
* Maintain and update case notes and other records to required ethical and quality standards.
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role include:
* You will need a relevant social work qualification and Social Work England registration
* Legal right to work in the UK
* Qualified as a social worker
* UK Driving License holder
* Completed AYSE
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org