Senior Practitioner - Child Protection - Bromley - Up to £45,159 per annum + benefits
An excellent opportunity has become available for an experienced Social Worker to join the Child Protection Team in Bromley. You will hold a manageable caseload, amongst the lowest in the country.
They are looking for highly talented and ambitious Social Workers who will join them in their collective efforts to re-shape service delivery to children. The successful Social Workers will manage risk, not just take it, and crucially they will be proud to work for Bromley.
Benefits of this Senior Practitioner role:
* £2,000 'Golden Hello'
* £2,000 annual retention
* Car Lease Scheme
* Generous annual leave
* Savings with Childcare
* Pension Scheme
* Manageable caseloads for every Social Worker amongst the lowest in the country
* Two-week protected induction programme
Duties as a Senior Practitioner role:
* With appropriate supervision, assess for and provide services to children and families in need within the framework of the appropriate legislation, regulations, departmental procedures and childcare policy. This will include responsibility for children and families where needs are particularly complex and problematic.
* To ensure that services are efficiently and effectively provided, liaising as necessary with other divisions, Council Departments, N.H.S. trusts, schools, carers, voluntary and independent sector providers.
* To maintain high standards of professional practice within their own workload and to promote and enhance such practice within the team and division.
* Senior Practitioners may be responsible for supervision of some staff (up to level III Social Workers) in the service and share the operational management of the service.
* All post holders are expected to maintain professional standards of practice and to work in accordance with the Departmental vision, values, procedures and managerial guidance.
* Making a comprehensive assessment of need, in partnership with the child, parents, other family members and professionals as appropriate in accordance with the National Assessment Framework.
* Planning, implementing and terminating interventions.
* Facilitating the provision and co-ordination of appropriate services.
* Making referrals to the Community Mental Health Team where adults have particularly complex or problematic needs and maintaining liaison with psychiatric services in order to promote timely and effective management of mental health problems.
* Working within the Borough's Child Protection guidelines to undertake key worker responsibilities towards children on the child protection register as outlined in para. 6, but additionally:
* Formulating and updating child protection plans, with appropriate guidance from the Group Manager.
Requirements of this Senior Practitioner role:
* Post-qualified experience in a similar setting
* Social Work England registered
* A broad knowledge of social work practice and legislation, including safeguarding
* Completed the Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE)
* Social Work qualified
* An ability to demonstrate excellent assessment and analysis skills
* The legal right to work in the UK
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org