Adult Social Care Advisor – South Tyneside – Let’s Talk Team- Band 5
Liquid Personnel is currently looking for an Adult Social Care Advisor to join our clients Let’s Talk Team in South Tyneside.
As a successful Adult Social Care Advisor, you will respond to telephone, written and face-to-face communications from the public and internal and external colleagues and will be required to ensure the service is meeting its Care Act duties to provide good quality information and advice to anyone with an enquiry.
You will be central to the development, performance, quality assurance and continuous improvement of the team and the wider Adults and Integrated Care Service.
Your benefits as an Adult Social Care Advisor:
- £12.70 per hour
- Highly supportive team and management
- Excellent training and development
- Thorough induction
Your duties as an Adult Social Care Advisor:
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of support and services in the community, liaising with colleagues within the council and partner organisations to obtain information and access to services.
- Effectively understand the nature of the persons queries and provide clear, concise, and timely information and advice to meet their expectations and outcomes.
- Facilitate choice through promoting independence particularly through the provision of information, advice, and support to enable people to maintain their independence for as long as is possible.
- Deliver strengths based and solution focussed outcomes to enquiries using a consistent approach to understanding what matters to the person and supporting people consider the range of options available to them.
- Connect people to supports available within their own network and community taking into account their own resources and strengths.
- Seek a positive outcome at all times, diffusing difficult situations negotiating and handling objections in a diplomatic and tactful way to achieve the best possible customer experience.
- Carry out the first conversation as part a strengths-based approach seeking to resolve needs at the earliest possible point for the persons contact.
- Where appropriate, identify needs and risks and ensure the person is connected to the right level of support.
- Ensure that the function of the team to provide Great Information and Simple Connections is adhered to, so people’s needs, and outcomes are met including the use of community, independent and voluntary sector resources.
- Identify situations where the person is deemed to be at risk including situations where the individual may be experiencing abuse or neglect and ensure compliance with Safeguarding Adults procedures and Making Safeguarding Personal guidance.
- Seek guidance and escalate calls where appropriate to ensure positive outcomes are achieved. Work in partnership with colleagues from a range of agencies, ensuring a smooth and seamless experience, reducing barriers and handovers between services which should be invisible to the person needing support.
- Ensure the highest level of data quality and that information is recorded in a timely, accurate and complete manner, ensuring the service meets all statutory recording requirements.
- Proactively work towards embedding personalisation into practice including but not limited to, self-assessment, self-directed support, and direct payments.
Essential requirements of this Adult Social Care Advisor role:
- Previous experience within Adult Social Care
- Relevant qualification
- The legal right to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- We will assist you from the initial phone call on-wards throughout the whole process
- Twice weekly payroll
- Competitive hourly rates
- Access to exclusive health and social care roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive health and social care knowledge
- Interview and coaching support
- Pre and post placement support to ensure you’re happy in the role