Advanced Practitioner – Wigan – Children
Liquid Personnel is currently looking for an experienced Children’s Advanced Practitioner (social work qualified) to join our client in Wigan.
As a successful Advanced Practitioner, you will be working in the front door to manage a complex referrals and cases while applying levels of need to identify services for children and young people who need help, protection and/or care, and whilst being based within a multi-agency setting
Your benefits as an Advanced Practitioner:
- Supportive and accessible senior leadership
- Work-Life balance
- Managed caseload per day
- Supportive peers and stable workforce
- Free parking
What will you be doing as an Advanced Practitioner in Wigan?
- You will be courageous in your decision making and ensuring you are confident to making defensible decisions where necessary to meet demand.
- You will adopt a flexible approach to service delivery and use your skills to work across the Children’s Social Care directorate within the functions of your role including triaging, screening checks, liaison with partner agencies, training, representing Children First Partnership Hub to external partner agencies such as MAPPA, MARAC, Early Help, and attending any meetings as directed by Team Managers.
- You will make and be responsible for the screening, risk planning for children in complex, challenging and high-risk circumstances, and those who are subject to statutory intervention.
- Ensure your work complies with legislation and government guidance, so that it stands up to scrutiny, will keep accurate, up to date records, and will use data to manage your own performance, supporting others to do the same.
- You will be equipped to maintain partnerships, and have experience in influencing and inspiring partner agencies, working together to solve any issues.
- You will have a key role in learning; taking a keen interest in case reviews, complaints and audits, sharing learning with colleagues and supporting them to close the loop following audit activity.
- You will support services to maximize and improve use of technology to facilitate improved practice.
- You will ensure you operate within GDPR guidelines by regularly reviewing data held and destroying information in line with retention schedules.
What we are looking for in a Social Worker:
- Social Work England registration
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Hold a full UK licence
- Post-qualified experience in Children’s Services
- Degree level or equivalent in Social Work
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Free access to Liquid’s exclusive social work training and CPD portal
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus – get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.