Advisory Teacher – Islington – Children Looked After
Start date: 9th January 2023
Liquid Personnel is currently looking for an experienced Advisory Teacher to join our clients Children Looked After Team in Islington, London.
As a successful Advisory Teacher, you must be able to demonstrable evidence of high performance and achievement within education or children’s services. You must also have experience of working with children and young people across the statutory school age and post 16 range, including those with Special and Additional Educational Needs and additional needs.
Your benefits as an Advisory Teacher:
- £28.59 per hour
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Highly supportive team and management
- Thorough induction
What will you be doing as an Advisory Teacher in Islington?
- You will take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young person’s / vulnerable adults in your care and those who you come into contact with
- You will be responsible for a pupil caseload and ensuring the continued educational improvement of Islington’s children in public care. This would include making arrangements for the monitoring and support of children in care and take the lead in making decisions to ensure their needs are met and that the pupils follow an appropriate educational programme
- You will lead on the development of policies, procedures, and good practice to ensure that children in public care have an effective and up to date Personal Education Plans (PEPs) in line with statutory obligations
- You will effectively monitor, and where appropriate challenge, the use of Pupil Premium Grant for individual pupils and cohorts of Islington children in public care
- You will ensure aspirational targets are in place for all Islington children in public care and that professionals and carers support and encourage children to achieve, to enjoy learning and to celebrate their achievements
- You will provide high quality advice and support for social workers, carers and teachers involved in the education of children in public care to ensure their needs are met and they are provided with appropriate support to achieve their potential
Essential requirements of this Advisory Teacher role:
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Successful experience of formulating strategies that cross service and professional boundaries and lead to an improvement in children and young people’s outcomes
- Experience of working with children and young people, including those
with Special and Additional Educational Needs and additional needs
- The ability to give quality professional advice and challenge on all
aspects of relevant legislation and policy development and their implications for improvement the outcomes for vulnerable children and young people
- The legal right to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus – get £200 for each worker you refer who we successfully place*
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.