Advisory Teacher – Islington
M1 Teaching Scale
Liquid Personnel is currently looking for an Advisory Teacher to join our client in Islington, London.
As a successful Advisory Teacher, you will take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young person’s / vulnerable adults in your care and those who you come into contact with. You will also be responsible for a pupil caseload and ensuring the continued educational improvement of Islington’s children in public care
The benefits of this Advisory Teacher role:
- M1 Teaching Scale pay rate
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Supportive team and management
- Thorough induction
What will you be doing as an Advisory Teacher in Islington?
- You will make arrangements for the monitoring and support of children in care and take the lead in making decisions to ensure their needs are met and that the pupils follow an appropriate educational programme.
- You will lead on the development of policies, procedures, and good practice to ensure that children in public care have an effective and up to date Personal Education Plans (PEPs) in line with statutory obligations.
- You will effectively monitor, and where appropriate challenge, the use of Pupil Premium Grant for individual pupils and cohorts of Islington children in public care.
- You will ensure aspirational targets are in place for all Islington children in public care and that professionals and carers support and encourage children to achieve, to enjoy learning and to celebrate their achievements.
- You will provide high quality advice and support for social workers, carers and teachers involved in the education of children in public care to ensure their needs are met and they are provided with appropriate support to achieve their potential
Essential requirements of this Advisory Teacher role:
- Qualified Teacher status and a Teacher reference number
- Experience of working directly with children
- The legal right to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive SEND knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of SEND positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus – get £200 for each worker you refer who we successfully place*
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.