Assessment and Reviewing Officer – EHCP Caseworker -Stockport
Liquid Personnel is currently recruiting for an Assessment and Reviewing Officer to join our client based in Stockport.
What’s in it for you as Assessment and Reviewing Officer?
- Flexible working available
- Long term contract
- Supportive team and management
- Progression opportunities
Your main responsibilities as an Assessment and Reviewing Officer:
- To manage an individual caseload involving complex children & young people, including early years with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) and be able to react to changing priorities daily.
- To formulate, draft and review high quality EHC plans, by analysing and collating information from a range of professionals though the statutory needs assessment process.
- To plan and arrange cost effective travel arrangements to a number of educational and social care establishments, both within and outside the Borough of Stockport.
- To manage parent/carer/professional expectations whilst working within resources available to ensure that SEND needs are identified within statutory timescales.
- To provide an holistic approach by working collaboratively with parents/carers, children and young people and professionals to ensure that SEND and transport needs are identified in a timely manner and ensure that the views and wishes of the child/young person are integral to the assessment, planning and review process.
As an Assessment and Reviewing Officer you will ensure that the Education Health and Care (EHC) assessment process is carried out efficiently, consistently and in line with Stockport’s EHC assessment process and the SEND Code of Practice, including meeting the prescribed, statutory timescales.You will work sensitively and collaboratively with parents/carers, children and young people by acting as the named officer for the Local Authority for the EHC process. You will also use restorative approaches when dealing with challenging situations and when delivering difficult decisions/ recommendations.
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive SEND knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of SEND positions across the UK
“Refer a Friend” bonus – get £250 for each worker you refer who we successfully place*
“Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *