Assistant Case Officer – Newham – Children Assessments / SEN
Liquid Personnel is currently recruiting for an Assistant Case Officer to join our client based in Newham.
The candidate must be an experienced Assistant Case Officer, preferably with experience of supporting children that present challenging behaviours in their mainstream schools.
Your benefits as an Assistant Case Officer:
- Thorough induction, and ongoing support
- Excellent pay rate, £25.00 per hour.
- Highly supportive team and management
- Excellent training and development opportunities
Your duties as an Assistant Case Officer:
- To support the Council’s vision to enable every resident under 25 to be safe, happy and cared for, with positive activities to secure their long-term wellbeing.
- To ensure that the SEND service receives high quality administrative and business support to deliver effective services for children and families.
- To be responsible for the administration and correspondence related to assessments, statements, and placement (statutory and non-statutory) of children and young people with complex SEN including those with statements, tribunals and exceptional resource funding.
- To be the first point of contact for communication with families, setting and schools regarding a range of issues including assessments and placements of children with SEND. Uphold the council’s customer standards through things including putting yourself in resident and colleague’s shoes, displaying courtesy, and displaying a positive and solution focused mindset, being as helpful as possible as soon as possible.
- To deal with a range of queries from the public and from other staff, including senior management, in a polite and helpful manner, seeking advice or guidance from senior staff as appropriate and upholding the council’s customer services.
To support the delivery of effective communications across the service and with external partners and families including writing and co-ordinating newsletters, updating the local offer website content, and supporting the development of presentations.
Why work with Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive SEND knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of SEND positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus – get £250 for each worker you refer who we successfully place*
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes*