Assistant Residential Worker – Rhondda Cynon Taff – Early Years Support
Liquid Personnel is currently looking for an experienced Assistant Residential Worker to join our clients Early Years Support Service in Rhondda Cynon Taff.
As a successful Assistant Residential Worker, you will work as a team and individually to provide a flexible responsive, high quality and person-centred care to children young people and their families based on an assessment of need and to access to a range of stimulating and safe activities and experiences within and external to the home.
Your benefits as an Assistant Residential Worker:
- £16.50 per hour pay rate
- Supportive team and management
- Thorough induction and ongoing support
- Excellent training and development opportunities
What will you be doing as an Assistant Residential Worker in Rhondda Cynon Taff?
- You will build and maintain professional working relationships with children young people and their families by providing emotional, social, and practical support to young people who can display challenging emotional and social difficulties
- You will establish relationships and links within the community to assist the child, young person, and their family
- You will support children and young people in their personal care, administration of medication and clinical procedures in line with organisational policies and procedures
- You will ensure that the views and needs of children/young people are heard and responded to by promoting communication and participation
- You will maintain registration requirements in line with the required bodies and Action for Children is notified of any circumstances which could affect your registration status
- You will undertake routine household tasks e.g. cooking washing shopping and/or supporting young people to undertake these tasks to enable the smooth running of the home and to promote independence
Essential requirements of this Assistant Residential Worker role:
- Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare or equivalent
- Willingness to participate in relevant on the job or off-site training
- Understanding of diversity and relevance to this post
- Knowledge of safeguarding and risk assessment
- Previous experience in a residential children’s setting
- The legal right to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- We will assist you from the initial phone call on-wards throughout the whole process
- Twice weekly payroll
- Competitive hourly rates
- Access to exclusive health and social care roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive health and social care knowledge
- Interview and coaching support
- Pre and post placement support to ensure you’re happy in the role