Assistant SENCO – Wolverhampton
Our client have recently opened a new Primary and Secondary ASC/SEMH school in 2023 in Wolverhampton with a proposed capacity of 80 students aged between 5-19.
Benefits of this Assistant SENCO role:
- Thorough induction, and ongoing support
- Excellent pay rate
- Highly supportive team and management
- Excellent training and development opportunities
Main Responsibilities as Assistant SENCO:
- Support the SENCo to promote an inclusive approach to SEN across the whole school
- Build key relationships with Local Authority EHCP Coordinators and all professionals in the field
- Ensure that accurate and detailed records are kept of meetings and discussions with parents and outside agencies.
- Support SENCo in delivering training opportunities for learning support assistants and teachers to learn about SEN, including whole-school inset
- Support teaching staff in modelling good practice in teaching pupils with SEN including those with more complex needs
- Using data effectively to identify pupils who are seriously underachieving and where necessary create and implement effective plans of action to support those pupils.
- Working with teaching staff to provide cover in a HLTA capacity where necessary
- To keep abreast of developments in SEN (e.g. research, changes to the law) and inform SLT and Head where appropriate
The Headteacher is looking for fun, passionate, dedicated, and driven staff to help support her vision for the pupils and the school environment. She is committed to offering a truly unique workplace environment, embedded with a supportive culture, positive ethos, strong teamwork, and personal drive, with further career opportunities. We are currently looking for an Assistant SENCO to join our new school.