Assistant Team Manager – Slough – Contextual Safeguarding
Liquid Personnel is currently looking for an experienced Assistant Team Manager (Social Work qualified) to join our clients Contextual Safeguarding Team in Slough.
Reporting directly to the Team Manager the successful Assistant Team Manager will act as a lead for child exploitation, working in close partnership with Thames Valley Police and other relevant multi-agency partners to disrupt and prevent the exploitation of children and young people in slough, giving them the best chance at a better quality of life.
Your benefits as an Assistant Team Manager:
- Up to £5,500 market supplement
- Salary of £51,608 – £53,587 per annum
- A retention payment of £1000 after 18 months
- Relocation packages
- Competitive salaries
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Season ticket loans to reduce cost of public transport
- Opportunity to be a part of the Tusker personal car lease scheme
- Clear career pathways
Your duties as an Assistant Team Manager will include:
- To provide day to day management of the team and ensure the delivery of high-quality services
- Make effective day to day use of all available professional resources and use a range of theoretical, evidence based and practical approached to develop and implement effective interventions and support for children and young people at risk of harm
- Work with colleagues and partners to deliver accessible and effective services focused on contextual safeguarding and exploitation, empowering parents and carers to develop and maintain safe parenting practices to achieve outcomes for children and young people and ensuring return home interviews are conducted where applicable.
- Chair the weekly tracking meeting to a high standard, holding social workers to account for the children and young people discussed, attending and co-ordinating where required other relevant meetings related to contextual safeguarding, exploitation and missing children and young people.
- Supervise social workers and non-qualified staff in the team as per the supervision policy, providing day to day supervision to a high standard.
Essential requirements of this Assistant Team Manager role:
- Professional Social Work Degree or equivalent (Essential)
- Comprehensive and current knowledge of legislation, guidance and regulations relating to contextual safeguarding, exploitation, and missing children
- Significant knowledge of the issues faced locally with regard to exploitation, sexual abuse and sexual violence against children
- Experience of managing newly qualified social workers and/or unqualified staff
- Experience of delivering high quality services to children and in assessment of needs, case planning and/or case management of complex cases
- Extensive experience in the analysis of risk, the effective use of a range of interventions relating to contextual safeguarding, exploitation and missing, and experience in the evaluation of them in practice to ensure correct outcomes are achieved
- Specialist knowledge and understanding in the areas of contextual safeguarding, exploitation, missing children/young people and the development of adolescents
- Ability to chair meetings including complex strategy meetings and challenge current practice to overcome barriers to ensure an effective multi-agency response to contextual safeguarding
- Ability to deliver training to raise awareness of the extent of child exploitation to social work teams, professional agencies, third sector and voluntary agencies (Essential)
- The legal right to work in the UK (Essential)