Band 6 Mental Health Nurse – South West London
Liquid Personnel is currently looking for a compassionate, resilient, and dedicated Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) to join a Charity-based organisation within South West London.
Reporting directly to the Lead Nurse, the successful Mental Health Nurse will be enthusiastic and committed as they will be working with Armed Forces veterans who have real motivation to make positive changes to their lives. Your experience, compassion and focus on recovery will get them there.
Your benefits as a Band 6 Mental Health Nurse:
- Salary of £34,260 – £41,388 per annum
- Opportunity to work within a reputable charity and make lasting change to both Veterans and their families
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, with an increase after 5 years of continuous service
- A paid lunch break
- Competitive stakeholder pension scheme- contributions matched up to 10%
- Discount shopping vouchers
Your duties as a Band 6 Mental Health Nurse will include:
- Undertake assessment of the clinical needs of veterans, planning, implementing, and evaluating care with a high level of autonomy.
- Work 1-1 with individual veterans on your caseload
- Participate in and support your therapy, OT, peer support and medical colleagues in the wider MDT
- Participate in clinical multi-disciplinary meetings
- Work collaboratively with the veteran and include family members and significant others in the veteran’s treatment when appropriate
- Maintain professional ethical and legal standards in carrying out therapeutic interventions
- Ensure the safety of the veteran and others in maintained at all times.
Essential requirements of this Band 6 Mental Health Nurse role:
- Substantial experience as a Registered Mental Health Nurse with a current NMC PIN
- The legal right to work in the UK
- Experience of supervising junior staff
- Ability and flexibility to work rotational shifts (including nights and occasional weekends) when the residential programme is running. (Normal hours are 09:00-16:30pm)