Band 6 Substance Misuse Nurse – Barnet
Liquid Personnel is currently looking for an experienced Substance Misuse Nurse to join our client in Barnet, London.
As a successful Substance Misuse Nurse, you will work as a member of a multidisciplinary disciplinary specialist drug team, providing information, advice, assessment, caseload management, physical health checks and blood borne virus screening, vaccinations, and treatment. One of the main remits of the posts is the initiation of clients onto opiate substitute medication, via observed administration in their onsite care clinic.
Your benefits as a Band 6 Substance Misuse Nurse:
- £30.38 – £42.83 per hour, depending on hours and working options
- Highly supportive team and management
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Thorough induction and ongoing support
What will you be doing as a Band 6 Substance Misuse Nurse?
- You will assess opiate dependence and in conjunction with the medical team support the prescribing of evidence based opiate substitution treatments, providing person-centered, flexible care (to include stabilisation, intermediate maintenance, and detox regimes)
- You will initiate clients onto opiate substitute medication, via observed administration in our onsite care clinic and be responsible for the operational running of the clinic
- You will hold a caseload complex clients, undertake comprehensive assessments, physical and mental health needs, social and support issues to develop clinical safe and client centered treatment plans
- You will deliver of a range of health interventions, including advice and information, physical health checks, BBV screening & vaccination ad support the delivery of the onsite Hepatitis C treatment clinic
- You will work as an effective member of the multidisciplinary team actively participating in clinical team meetings, group supervision and contributing to the yearly service development plan
- You will adhere to local safeguarding protocols to safeguard children and vulnerable adults, including the completion of safeguarding assessment tools, referrals to social services and producing reports
Essential requirements of this Substance Misuse Nurse role:
- Qualified Nurse (RGN or RMN)
- Valid NMC registration, and the legal right to work in the UK
- Previous experience in substance misuse
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus – get £200 for each worker you refer who we successfully place*
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.