Child Protection and Reviewing Officer – Scottish Borders
Liquid Personnel is currently looking for an experienced Child Protection and Reviewing Officer to join our client in the Scottish Boarders.
As a successful Child Protection and Reviewing Officer, you will assess allegations of child abuse and neglect and determine whether, and how, to instigate child protection procedures between social work staff and other agencies, and to line manage the investigation.
Your benefits as a Child Protection and Reviewing Officer:
- 6-month contract
- High rate of pay
- Office based with some WFH
- Manageable caseloads
- Highly supportive team and management
What will you be doing as a Child Protection and Reviewing Officer in the Scottish Boarders?
- You will chair and provide professional advice to child protection case conferences and statutory reviews of looked after children, thereby ensuring an effective child protection/outcome-based plan is in place for all children identified as being at risk of significant harm or living away from home
- You will ensure the provision of high-quality risk assessment, decision making and planning at child protection case conferences and Looked After Children’s Reviews
- You will determine, in consultation with senior social workers/team leaders, the outcome and agreed actions from IRD
- You will monitor child protection work and provide appropriate information to inform policy making and practice within the Department and between agencies at child protection delivery groups
- You will assist in gathering the views of the families and stakeholders involved in the process and ensuring these views are reflected in practice
- You will chair meetings for identified vulnerable young people and devise an interim risk management plan from the conference
- You will be conversant with current national legislation, directives and guidance relating to child protection and take an active role in ensuring that policy and process is adhered to
Essential requirements of this Child Protection and Reviewing Officer role:
- Qualified Social Worker, and a valid registration with SSSC
- A full UK licence, and access to you own vehicl
- Post-qualified experience
- Eligible to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Free access to Liquid’s exclusive social work training and CPD portal
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus – get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.