Childcare Tutor – Assessment – Southwark, London
Liquid Personnel is currently looking for an experienced Childcare Tutor to join our client in Southwark, London.
As a successful Childcare Tutor, you will take on teaching duties, including initial assessment of students, identifying individual learning needs, and referring to learning support as appropriate, and to give tutorials and learner induction.
Your benefits as a Childcare Tutor:
- £31.13 per hour pay rate
- Highly supportive team and management
- Excellent training and development opportunities
Your duties as a Childcare Tutor:
- Planning for teaching and learning, including preparing course outlines, and producing schemes of work and lesson plans; ensuring the course file is up to date; identify materials and equipment resource needed for teaching and learning; and production of appropriate learning materials as necessary
- Ensuring there is a complete, accurate and up-to-date class register(s), including responsibility for withdrawing and transferring students in liaison with Curriculum Team Leader / Manager.
- Maintaining high levels of student retention, achievement and to support student progression.
- Monitoring of student attendance and punctuality and taking appropriate action as required
- Ensuring that the progress and achievement of learners is recognised and recorded – including making sure that all students have appropriate individual learning plans; and the marking of students work. To provide progression, retention, and achievement information to Curriculum Team Leader / Manager
- To undertake, in consultation with the Curriculum Team Leader / Manager, work required for the accreditation of courses and for the effective organisation of examinations and assessments. To undertake the assessment and recording of learner outcomes including completion of exam entry forms
As a Tutor, you will have experience of:
- Experience of teaching adults in the FE and/or adult and community learning sectors with proven success
- Experience of planning, delivering, assessing, and evaluating teaching and learning, including devising schemes of work, lesson plans, individual learning plans, registration, and enrolment, entering learners for exams
- Experience of devising curriculum, learning materials and systems for the management of learning
- Experience of marking, assessing and standardisation (experience of internal verification and moderation would be desirable
Essential requirements of this Childcare Tutor role:
- A teaching qualification
- A level 4 qualification in literacy or numeracy
- Familiarity with skills for life, functional skills English and Mathematics, and the core curriculum
- An ability to devise, teach and assess with creative, learner-centred, differentiated and activity-based strategies and resources. An ability to plan lessons and use a range of techniques appropriate to learners from diverse educational backgrounds, range of abilities and age groups
- Effective ICT, ILT and organisational skills
- Enhanced level of Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS)
- The legal right to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus – get £200 for each worker you refer who we successfully place*
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.