Children with Disabilities Carer – Merton
Liquid Personnel is currently looking for an experienced Children with Disabilities Carer to join our client in Merton.
As a successful Children with Disabilities Carer, you will meet the care and recreation needs of the children with disabilities who are provided with short breaks. You will ensure a safe and stimulating environment is maintained for the children.
You will become part of a team whose standards and work practice exceed the expectations set out in the legislation.
The benefits of this Children with Disabilities Carer role:
- £18.45 per hour
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Supportive team and management
- Manageable caseloads
What will you be doing as a Children with Disabilities Carer?
- You will work as link worker, for an agreed number of children who are in receipt of short breaks liaising with the family to support the safe care of the young person, ensuring that each child/YP has access to a broad, balanced, relevant, and differentiated short breaks programme
- You will partake in any training which is specific to the role this will include administering medication, clinical procedures and undertaking and reaching agreed standards in training for using approved ‘physical intervention’ techniques for supporting care and control
- You will work as a member of the childcare team to establish a secure, safe, and stimulating environment for the children and young people. To encourage learning through play and recreation, by providing a stimulating and enabling environment which enables all to develop to their full potential
- You will carry out high quality written and photographic observations, planning, and assessments, identifying next steps for children’s and young people’s development
- You will ensure folders are kept up to date and regular reports are written to ensure effective communication with colleagues and parents
Essential requirements of this Children with Disabilities Carer role:
- NVQ level 3 in Residential Childcare
- Experience of supervising, training, and supporting staff or volunteers
- Experience of leading a shift and directing staff
- Ability to lead on programme activity planning and run a shift in accordance with protocol and policies
- Excellent knowledge of the range of disabilities and special education needs of children and young people and the ability to plan and support a diverse group of children aged 6 – 18
- The legal right to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- We will assist you from the initial phone call on-wards throughout the whole process
- Twice weekly payroll
- Competitive hourly rates
- Access to exclusive health and social care roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive health and social care knowledge
- Interview and coaching support
- Pre and post placement support to ensure you’re happy in the role