Childrens Social Care Worker – Seaham – Senior Pract-Families First
Liquid Staff is currently recruiting a Children’s Social Care Worker to join the busy team at a Seaham based Pract-Families Care Team.
We are looking for agency senior social workers to join one of our busy children and families safeguarding teams due to maternity leave.
We need someone who can ‘hit the ground running’ so it’s important that you have CP and Care Proceedings experience, as you will complete some of the C&F assessments coming into the team and carry a mixture of CIN, CP and court work.
What will it give you as a Childrens Social Care Worker?
- Hybrid operations.
- Total amount of cases.
- Excellent flexible work opportunities.
- Excellent salary of £181.02 per hour
Primary Responsibilities as a Childrens Social Care Worker:
- Communicate clearly and sensitively, building effective relationships with children, young people and families and other professionals. Listen to their views and enable their full participation in assessment, planning, and review.
- Build and maintain high quality and appropriate professional relationships with children, young people and families to enable positive change to take place. Support children, young people and families even they are angry, hostile and resistant to change.
- Manage tensions between parents, carers and family members, in ways that show persistence, determination and professional confidence.
- Promote optimal child development and be alert to signs that may indicate that the child is not meeting key developmental milestones, has been harmed or is at risk of harm.
As our Childrens Social Care Worker you will Identify the impact of adult mental ill health, substance misuse, domestic abuse, physical ill health and disability on family functioning, social circumstances and child development. You will also carry out in-depth and ongoing family assessment of social need and risk to children, with particular emphasis on parental capacity and capability to change. You will ensure that the voice of the child is heard, and that families and partner agencies contribute in a meaningful way to the assessment.
We are currently embedding Signs of Safety so knowledge and experience of this would be helpful, but support and training will be given if needed.
What we are looking for in a Childrens Social Care Worker:
- Social Work England registration
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Hold a full UK license
- post-qualified experience
- Degree level or equivalent in Social Work
Why Liquid Personnel?
• New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
• Twice weekly payroll
• Free DBS and compliance service
• Access to exclusive roles that aren’t available from other agencies
• Free access to Liquid’s exclusive social work training and CPD portal
• Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
• Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
“Refer a Friend” bonus – get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
“Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us*
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes*