Children’s Social Worker – Doncaster – Fostering Service/Kinship Team
Liquid Personnel is currently recruiting a Children’s Social Worker to join the busy team at a Doncaster based Kinship Team.
If children are unable to live with their birth parents, we make every attempt to place them with a connected carer. Therefore, the purpose of this job is to supervise connected carers who are approved as foster carers, ensuring placements are robust and provide permanency to ensure children reach their full potential
What will it give you as a Children’s Social Worker?
- Hybrid operations.
- Total amount of cases.
- Excellent flexible work opportunities
- Excellent salary of £35 per hour
Primary Responsibilities as a Children’s Social Worker:
- To undertake procedurally compliant assessments and section 47 enquiries that clearly identify levels and types of risk or need based on documented evidence.
- To record and analyse information gathered during the process of social care assessment in line with the case recording policy, local and national guidance and best practice principles.
- To undertake assessments in such a way as to lead to clear associated plans that address the issues identified for children in Doncaster.
- To practice with a clear understanding of the relevant legislative principles, an up-to-date knowledge of research, emerging case law and best practice guidance.
- Engage with children, their carers and families in such a way as to clearly understand their circumstances, wishes and feelings and form conclusions which direct longer-term interventions focussed on the best interests of the child.
You will undertake connected carers assessment, supervise carers and undertake private fostering assessments. Children’s services are committed to investing in children and young people who need to grow up with connected carers. The Kinship Team works closely with mainstream fostering teams and as such, the role may include the assessment and supervision of mainstream foster carers.
What we are looking for in a Children’s Social Worker:
• Social Work England registration
• Eligible to work in the UK
• Hold a full UK license
• post-qualified experience
• Degree level or equivalent in Social Work
Why Liquid Personnel?
• New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
• Twice weekly payroll
• Free DBS and compliance service
• Access to exclusive roles that aren’t available from other agencies
• Free access to Liquid’s exclusive social work training and CPD portal
• Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
• Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
“Refer a Friend” bonus – get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
“Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us*
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes*