Class Teacher – Read/Write/Phonics – Surrey
Liquid Personnel is currently looking for a SEND Class Teacher to join our client’s team in Surrey.
Due to the nature of this role, our client requires a SEND Class Teacher who has post qualified experience in a similar role.
Benefits of this SEN Class Teacher:
- Thorough induction, and ongoing support
- Excellent pay rate
- Highly supportive team and management
- Excellent training and development opportunities
Your duties as SEN Class Teacher:
- You will be working part time as a Class Teacher and part time with responsibility for Read/Write/Phonics. The school supports children aged 6-11 years with communication difficulties typically associated with Asperger’s Syndrome and Autism.
- To contribute to the delivery and development of the curriculum, having regard to the educational, physical and social needs of the students within a learning environment.
- To work collaboratively with other members of staff as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- To maintain and use short-, medium- and long-term plans in delivering the curriculum, which is differentiated to meet the needs and abilities of the students.
- To set, monitor and review personalised targets that will optimise learning for everyone.
- To monitor, assess, review and report on the progress and work of students to parents, team members, senior staff, examination and funding bodies through reports and identified meetings as directed and as is required through school policies and procedures.
- PGCE, QTS, or equivalent teaching qualification and evidence of in-service training
- SEN experience would be preferred
- Ability to teach a range of subjects, with a subject specialism an advantage.
- Relevant knowledge and experience of pupils with ASD, SEMH and PDA profile
- Understanding of the Safeguarding principles and Child Protection procedures
- Experience of managing a range of approaches to behaviour, including managing behaviours that challenge