Consultant Social Worker – Hertfordshire – Family Safeguarding Team
An exciting opportunity has become available to join Hertfordshire as a Consultant Social Worker in the Family Safeguarding team.
The Family Safeguarding Teams are a pioneering model of social work which consist of multi-agency teams that work with Child Protection and Child in Need cases and conduct most of our care proceedings.
Hertfordshire are committed to developing motivational social work practice and you will be trained to work in this way.
Your benefits as a Consultant Social Worker:
- Competitive starting salary up to £48,857pa depending on experience (including up to £5k market forces & £1k welcome payment)
- Relocation Expenses of up to £6000 for those candidates that need to relocate for the role
- Car lease scheme
- Free parking at all our sites
- Flexible working arrangements including working from home and flexi time with accessibility to equipment to work from home, for this role
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Up to 33 days annual leave entitlement
- Staff discounts in gyms, travel agents, car sales, restaurants, and days out
What you will be doing as a Consultant Social Worker?
- A role model for good social work practice and use your experience to develop less experienced staff.
- Passion for achieving better outcomes for vulnerable children and their families and this will be demonstrated through applying theory and research to frontline practice.
- Holding a small caseload of complex work and supports development into a management role in the future. This will include conducting supervision meetings and supporting other members of the team and providing management cover in the Team Manager’s absence
- A comprehensive knowledge of the challenges associated with working with children and their families is essential
- You should already have sufficient experience of staff supervision and management and be at the height of your social work career.
- Support social workers, by assisting in court work which will include attending court, therefore a thorough knowledge of care proceedings and court experience is required
Essential requirements of this Consultant Social Worker role:
- Social Work England registration
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Hold a full UK licence
- Post-qualified experience
- Degree level or equivalent in Social Work