Consultant Social Worker – Hertfordshire – Looked After Children Team
An exciting opportunity has become available to join Hertfordshire as a Consultant Social Worker in the Looked After Children team.
Hertfordshire is looking to expand its teams to cope with the growing demand within Social Work and is investing heavily in its people by providing training opportunities to help you to reach your full potential with the assistance and guidance of our specialist L&D teams. Hertfordshire are committed to developing motivational social work practice and you will be trained to work in this way.
Hertfordshire is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all employees this includes:
- Competitive starting salary up to £48,857pa depending on experience (including up to £5k market forces & £1k welcome payment)
- Relocation Expenses of up to £6000 for those candidates that need to relocate for the role
- Car lease scheme
- Free parking at all our sites
- Flexible working arrangements including working from home and flexi time with accessibility to equipment to work from home, for this role
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Up to 33 days annual leave entitlement
- Staff discounts in gyms, travel agents, car sales, restaurants, and days out
What you will be doing as a Consultant Social Worker:
- holding a small caseload of complex work and supports development into a management role in the future. This will include conducting supervision meetings and supporting other members of the team and providing management cover in the Team Manager’s absence
- Providing high quality support and planning for children and young people who are in long term foster care, residential care, and semi-independent care up until the age of 18.
- You will be supported by a dedicated Health team and Virtual School as well as a Brokerage Team that will find the most suitable placement.
- Voice of children is a strong focus and supported by our dedicated Children in Care Council and young people’s focus groups.
- You will be working at the forefront of best practice to deliver first class support to vulnerable children and families which will expose you to managing complex and diverse caseloads.
- Travel to visit service users out in the community, either in their homes or at other venues to undertake assessments.
- Support social workers, by assisting in court work which will include attending court, therefore a thorough knowledge of care proceedings and court experience is required
Essential requirements of this Consultant Social Worker:
- Social Work England registration
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Hold a full UK licence
- Post-qualified experience
- Degree level or equivalent in Social Work