Consultant Social Worker – Hertfordshire – Referral & Assessment Team
An exciting opportunity has become available to join Hertfordshire as a Consultant Social Worker in the Referral and Assessment Team.
With a strong partnership approach, a dedicated Out of Hours service, strength-based assessments, robust pathways for Early Help and strong performance, the service embeds strong working relationships with families from the start of their journey. Hertfordshire are committed to developing motivational social work practice and you will be trained to work in this way.
Your benefits as a Consultant Social Worker:
- Competitive starting salary up to £48,857pa depending on experience (including up to £5k market forces & £1k welcome payment)
- Relocation Expenses of up to £6000 for those candidates that need to relocate for the role
- Car lease scheme
- Free parking at all our sites
- Flexible working arrangements including working from home and flexi time with accessibility to equipment to work from home, for this role
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Up to 33 days annual leave entitlement
- Staff discounts in gyms, travel agents, car sales, restaurants, and days out
What you will be doing as a Consultant Social Worker?
- Undertake single child and family assessments for those circumstances where our Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub has identified the need for a social work assessment.
- A role model for good social work practice and use your experience to develop less experienced staff.
- Holding a small caseload of complex work and supports development into a management role in the future. This will include conducting supervision meetings and supporting other members of the team and providing management cover in the Team Manager’s absence
- Support social workers, by assisting in court work which will include attending court, therefore a thorough knowledge of care proceedings and court experience is required
Essential requirements of this Consultant Social Worker role:
- Social Work England registration
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Hold a full UK licence
- Post-qualified experience
- Degree level or equivalent in Social Work