Cover Supervisor – Grade 6 – Manchester
£24,776 to £27,451 (FTE £28,090 to £32,020)
Working hours: 37 hours per week Term Time plus INSET (39 weeks)
Are you a Cover Supervisor with experience of working in a specialist SEN setting or PRU? Then this is the role for you!
Our client in Manchester is looking for an outstanding Cover Supervisor to join their internal cover team and school community to make a real difference to the young people who attend.
You will be joining a service which is a setting for pupils in Key stage 3 – 4 that have been permanently excluded from their mainstream school. Their vision is ambitious, and they will require a tenacious and resilient individual as they move to larger, all through year 7-11 sites which will be a significant change to the way the Secondary PRU has operated over the years.
Many of our pupils are vulnerable and have complex needs. We work with parents, carers and a range of agencies and stakeholders to achieve the best possible outcome for them. Having been assessed as ‘Good’ in all areas by Ofsted in January 2017, the successful applicant will join our school at an exciting time in our development; and under the direction of the head teacher, and Senior Leadership Team play an important role in driving forward our agenda for excellence.
Your benefits as a Cover Supervisor:
- An opportunity to play a major role in the development of a fabulous school
- A dedicated, supportive, and friendly staff
- Excellent relationships with Local Schools and the LA
- A supportive Governing Body
More information about the role of Cover Supervisor:
- Cover Supervisors hold a vital position in the school. In this role, you would provide classroom cover for absent teachers, classroom support in the absence of a Learning Mentor and provide administrative support as requested
- Many of the pupils are vulnerable and have complex needs
- You will work with parents, carers and a range of agencies and stakeholders to achieve the best possible outcome for them.
- Having been assessed as ‘Good’ in all areas by Ofsted in January 2017, the successful applicant will join the school at an exciting time in the development
- Under the direction of the head teacher, and Senior Leadership Team, you will play an important role in driving forward our agenda for excellence.
The appointed candidate will have:
- The vision to help drive the school forward
- Experience of working with children/young people with behavioural difficulties and additional needs
- Experience of planning and leading teaching and learning activities (under supervision.)
- A high level of interpersonal skills used with pupils and adults.
- The ability to plan, organise and prioritise records and own workload
- Knowledge of how to help adapt and deliver support to meet individual needs.
- An understanding of the barriers to learning faced by disadvantaged children and their families, and how to support children in their emotional well-being
- A commitment to excellence for all pupils
- Ability to relate well to children and adults
- Full working knowledge and understanding of national/foundation stage curriculum and other basic learning programs/strategic processes and barriers to learning, including behaviour management strategies
- Ability to plan effective actions for pupils at risk of underachieving
- Self-motivation and personal drive to complete tasks to the required timescales and quality standards.
- The flexibility to adapt to changing workload demands and new school challenges.
Key Skills & Experience required for the role of Cover Supervisor:
- Sound educational background including GCSE’s in Maths and English (A*-C) or equivalent.
- Experience working in a school environment would be advantageous
- Ideally possess prior experience within a similar role
- The legal right to work in the UK