Deputy Manager – Blackburn – Children’s Residential Home
Liquid Personnel is currently recruiting for Deputy Manager to join a Children’s Residential Home based in Blackburn.
Registered for 4 young people from 7- 18 years old with a background of emotional behaviour difficulties and child sexual exploitation. Their residential children’s service has a reputation for providing outstanding levels of care and commitments to young people and their families.
What’s in it for you as a Deputy Manager?
This is a full-time position with a starting salary of £34,515 (incl 2 sleeps), plus overtime rates paid at £18.12, annual leave, opportunities for further development as you will be joining our client at a very exciting time of growth and expansion.
Your main responsibilities as a Deputy Manager:
As the Deputy Manager your main responsibility is to lead and direct your team to ensure the highest quality of care is provided. You will work with the Registered Manager to establish and maintain standards and monitor the delivery of high quality, child centred care to children and young people referred to the home in accordance with policies and procedures. You will proactively lead the staff team, consistently in conjunction with the Registered Manager with the aim of creating and delivering a safe warm environment in which children and young people can achieve positive outcomes.
The successful candidate will be a knowledgeable and dynamic individual who can use their previous experience and understanding of children’s residential services to ensure the home, staff and young people thrive. You will have the ability to work on your own initiative and lead your team to greatness.
What we are looking for in a Deputy Manager:
- Hold a Level 3 or 4 in Residential Childcare.
- Hold a Level 5 in Leadership and Management (residential childcare) however, this is more desirable
- Extensive knowledge around Children’s Homes regulations (2015), Children’s Homes Regulations including the quality standards
- Hold at least 4 years’ experience within a children’s residential homes and 2 years’ experience at a Senior or Team Leader level
- Hold a Full UK driving licence