Drugs Worker – YOS/Multi-Disciplinary Team – North Somerset
Liquid Personnel is currently looking for an experienced Drugs Worker to join our client based in North Somerset.
As a successful Drugs Worker, you will be working with children and young people referred into YOS and their families/carers where appropriate, who are at risk of drugs and other substance misuse.
Your benefits as a Drugs Worker:
- £20 per hour pay rate
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Manageable caseloads
- Thorough induction, and ongoing support
What will you be doing as a Drugs Workers in North Somerset?
- You will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team within the YOS and in partnership with other children’s services to provide a range of integrated youth justice services for children and young people, their families and carers, the courts and out of court panels and where appropriate with victims of crime
- You will develop services to young people at risk of substance misuse or the effects of substance misuse by adults around them
- You will contribute to inter-agency work in the development of services to young people at risk of substance misuse or the effects of substance misuse by adults
- Managing your own caseload of children and young people referred into YOS
- Responding to safeguarding concerns in line with North Somerset Council Protocol where personal liberty or safety is at stake
- Contributing to the development and supervision of other YOT workers and input into undertaking student/volunteer supervision
Essential requirements of this Drugs Worker role:
- Professional qualification working with young people (for example teaching, probation, social work, youth and community work, health) to degree level or equivalent
- Experience of directly working with young people with substance misuse issues
- ICT Competencies including MS Office, Outlook and using remotely
- Understanding of health and safety considerations
- Knowledge of the Crime and Disorder Act, and Children’s Act
- Knowledge of youth justice and causes of youth crime and methods of preventing youth offending
- Understanding of the application of Equality and Diversity Legislation
- The legal right to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive criminal justice knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of probation work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus – get £200 for each probation officer you refer who we successfully place *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.