Eligibility Screening Officer – Haringey – Adult Safeguarding Team
Liquid Personnel are currently looking for an Eligibility Screening Officer to join an Adult Safeguarding Team in Haringey.
As a successful Eligibility Screening Officer, you will provide an effective and efficient intake and triage function for the Haringey Safeguarding services.
You will deal with telephone, written, emailed enquiries in regard to safeguarding and will respond appropriately to customer enquiries, complaints, requests for advice, information, and service requests.
Your benefits as an Eligibility Screening Officer:
- Excellent pay rate
- Supportive team and management
- Thorough induction and training
- Development opportunities
What will you be doing as an Eligibility Screening Officer in Haringey?
- As an Eligibility Screening Officer, you will assist customers in their understanding and completion of relevant documents forms, applications, and registrations, over the telephone, including where appropriate addressing their special needs (disability, translation, interpretation requirements etc)
- You will process referrals and apply agreed eligibility criteria. This will involve collecting extra information from the referrer, service user or carer where appropriate
- You will accurately record detailed referrals
- You will work within agreed procedures, particularly those in relation to alleged safeguarding adults.
- You will provide information and advice to members of the public from diverse backgrounds, requiring care across a range of client groups Older People, Physical Disability and Occupational Therapy
Essential requirements of this Eligibility Screening Officer role:
- You must have experience of working in the public sector organisation
- Education to A-level standard or equivalent
- High standard of literacy and numeracy
- Excellent verbal communication skills to communicate effectively by telephone or in person, with callers, colleagues and senior managers, Councillors, people who use services and external agencies, and to understand the needs of callers from different cultural and language background
- The legal right to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- We will assist you from the initial phone call on-wards throughout the whole process
- Twice weekly payroll
- Competitive hourly rates
- Access to exclusive health and social care roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive health and social care knowledge
- Interview and coaching support
- Pre and post placement support to ensure you’re happy in the role