English Teacher – SEN – Kent
Liquid Personnel are currently recruiting for an experienced and committed English Teacher to join an independent SEN school based in Kent.
As a successful candidate, you will be supporting young people with an Autism or Mental Health diagnosis and hold responsibility for preparing and implementing a full educational teaching plan at Key Stage 3, Key stage 4 or Post 16 according to the school’s requirements.
The ideal candidate will be passionate for the job with an ability to reach out to students and create a relationship of mutual trust whilst knowing how to engage students, inspiring them with a desire to learn.
Your duties as a SEN English Teacher:
- Present lessons in a comprehensive manner and use a variety of mediums as a means to facilitate learning.
- Provide individualized instruction to each student by promoting positive learning behaviour.
- Create and distribute educational content (notes, summaries, assignments etc.)
- Assess and record students’ academic progress and provide grades and feedback.
- Record a students’ personal development against their Education Health and Care plan and other criteria.
- Collaborate with other teachers, parents and stakeholders and participate in regular meetings.
- Plan and execute educational in-class and outdoor activities and events.
- Observe and understand students’ behaviour and psyche and report suspicions of neglect,abuse etc.
- Develop and enrich professional skills and knowledge by attending seminars, conferences etc.
Your requirements as a SEN English Teacher:
- Proven experience as a teacher.
- Experience in working with young people with a Special Educational Need.
- Thorough knowledge of teaching best practices and legal educational guidelines partnered with a willingness to follow the school’s policies and procedures.
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- Degree in teaching or in a specialized subject with a certificate in education