Experienced Lead Practitioner – Social Care Direct – North London
Experienced Lead Practitioner – Social Care Direct – North London – (salary: £42,500- £49,370)
Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? Do you have a passion for being on the front line dealing with vulnerable adults at the first instance?
The successful candidate will work in partnership with adults, their families, carers and advocates, colleagues, external organisations to provide appropriate, professional social work support for vulnerable older people, adults with physical and sensory impairment or learning disability and carers.
- Generous competitive salaries
- 31 days annual leave, plus public and bank holidays-
- Access to the local government pension scheme, which provides a valuable guaranteed income in your retirement together with security for your dependents.
- Work-life balance options may include hybrid working, flexitime, job share, home working, part-time.
- Broad range of payroll benefits including cycle to work, eye care vouchers, travel and gym membership.
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Employee well- being training programs including confidential employee assistance.
- You will hold a small complex caseload consisting of safeguarding and sometimes court work cases.
- To provide clear and responsive practice leadership and supervision and promote the highest professional standards in social care practice.
- Conduct appropriate risk assessments with individuals, their families and providers in line with Mental Capacity Legislation and good practice criteria.
- Chair safeguarding meetings and other appropriate multidisciplinary meetings as required by the Team Manager as appropriate.
- Ensure that the responsibility of safeguarding adults at risk is a fundamental element of the work of your team and that the Making Safeguarding Personal principles are embedded effectively.
- Ensure that the service promotes safety and managed risk in the context of maintaining choice.
- Provide consultation and advice to support social workers and assessment and enablement officers in undertaking assessments and interventions, encouraging the development of high-quality standards and practice within a culture of continuous service improvement, value for money and safer practice.
- Social Work degree or equivalent.
- SWE registration.
- At least 2 years post qualified experience within Adults Social Work.
Call Samantha Higham on 0203 857 3493 for an informal chat about this role and or about other similar roles in the area.