Family Court Advisor – CAFCASS Blackburn
CAFCASS require an experienced Social Worker to join their Blackburn Office. CAFCASS represents children in family court cases in England, and independently advise the family courts about what is safe for children and in their best interests.
CAFCASS is here to safeguard and promote the welfare of children going through the family justice system, supporting over 140,000 children every year by understanding their experiences and speaking up for them when the family court makes critical decisions about their futures.
As a Family Court Advisor, you may be asked by the court to work with families and then advise the court on what we consider to be the best interests of the children involved in three main areas:
- Divorce and separation, sometimes called ‘private law’, where parents or carers can’t agree on arrangements for their children
- Care proceedings, sometimes called ‘public law’, where social services have serious concerns about the safety or welfare of a child
- Adoption, which can be either public or private law.
Your benefits as a Family Court Advisor:
- Excellent rate of pay
- Working for a non-local authority role
- Mixture of home and office working
- A thorough Induction when you start in the role
- Promote a healthy work-life balance with flexibility and self-care
- Access to learning and development
- Access to own laptop or table device and a smart phone.
As a Family Court Advisor for CAFCASS you must have:
- Experience in Child Protection, Child in Need, Court, Duty or Safeguarding
- Some experience with Private and Public Law
- Experience or knowledge of Section 7 Reports
- Experience of knowledge of Section 37 Reports
- Social Work qualification, and a valid registration with Social Work England
- The legal right to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Free access to Liquid’s exclusive social work training and CPD portal
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus – get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.