Food Technology Teacher – Norwich
Liquid Personnel is currently recruiting for a Food Technology Teacher to join our client based in Norwich.
The candidate must be an experienced Food Technology Teacher, preferably with experience of supporting children that present challenging behaviours in their mainstream schools.
Your benefits as a Food Technology Teacher:
- Thorough induction, and ongoing support
- Excellent pay rate
- Highly supportive team and management
- Excellent training and development opportunities
Your duties as a Food Technology Teacher:
- Responsible for the planning, teaching, and assessment of a programme of cookery and food technology. The ability to teach vocational catering courses would be advantageous.
- To facilitate this, you’ll plan and deliver lessons informed by current evidence, the school’s policies and be responsible for the day to day running of the class and other relevant aspects of the running of the school. The successful applicant is likely to be required to also teach and contribute to the development of wider life skills for groups across our cohorts.
- Supervise and provide support and guidance to our Teaching Assistants and Higher-Level Teaching Assistants and play a key role in their Professional Development Reviews.
- Take responsibility for implementing school policies and practices, including those relating to safeguarding and equality of opportunity.
- To carefully monitoring the health, well-being and personal care of our pupils; informing care/medical/behavioural support teams and any other relevant professionals of any concerns.
Qualified Teacher status (QTLS or QTS), PGCE or equivalent teaching qualification and evidence of in-service training is essential.
- Experience of working with students with additional needs, especially ASC.
- Understanding of the Safeguarding principles and Child Protection procedures
- Experience of managing a range of approaches to behaviour, including managing behaviours that challenge
- Experience of successfully delivering a differentiated curriculum to pupils with a wide range of needs
Due to the rural location of the school, candidates are strongly advised to hold a full UK driving licence and have access to their own vehicle.