Head of English – SEN – Newhaven
Liquid Personnel is currently looking for an experienced English teacher to join our client as their Head of Department in Newhaven, East Sussex.
The English curriculum spans Entry Level, Functional Skills, Key stage 3, and GCSE.
Your benefits as a Head of English:
- Being a part of a progressive and forward-thinking organisation, which puts children first.
- Competitive salary
- Annual performance reviews with opportunity for development and salary increase
- Extensive and meaningful induction
- Staff laptop and mobile phone
- Subject knowledge enhancement opportunities
- Extensive training and professional qualification opportunities
- Full school holidays
- Small class sizes with specialist TA support
- The chance to be part of an expanding, national organisation that recognises skill, effort and potential and grows its own leadership teams
- Enhanced occupational sickness scheme
- Flexible pension
- Specialist, approachable and responsive SLT
- Regular therapeutic and supportive supervision
- Employee benefit service with access to wellbeing services, salary sacrifice schemes, high
- Street vouchers, money off eating-out and takeaways
More information on the role of Head of English:
- At your disposal will be a robust and well-developed curriculum with meaningful schemes of work and interactive, high quality resources
- You will be supported by national subject champions who can support the work of non-subject specialists to be experts in how best to facilitate learning for the children they know best
- The role will require the creating of opportunities to enhance students’ cultural capital through the inventive use of trips, speakers, visitors, and activities beyond the classroom
Essential requirements of this Head of English role:
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- A proven record of good or outstanding teaching practice.
- An excellent, efficient, and emotionally intelligent communicator.
- Experience of working with a SEN environment
- The legal right to work in the UK