Head of School – SEMH – Essex
Up to £42,000 per annum DOE (dependent on school capacity)
Start date – ASAP
Liquid Personnel is currently looking for a dedicated Head of School to join our clients SEMH School based in Essex.
The staffing structure around their family of schools means that Head Teachers are well supported, allowing them to focus on what is really important.
As a Head of School, you will have high-quality resources at your fingertips including robust and meaningful schemes of work and, most importantly, an enthusiastic and driven community of professionals to lean on including a responsive and experienced SLT, SENCOs, programme psychologists, therapeutic professionals, and pastoral leads
Benefits and rewards as a Head of School:
- Being a part of a progressive and forward-thinking organisation, which puts children first.
- A responsive, flexible, and highly specialised SLT
- Competitive salary
- Annual performance reviews with opportunity for development and salary increase
- Extensive and meaningful induction
- Staff laptop and mobile phone
- Subject knowledge enhancement opportunities
- Extensive training and professional qualification opportunities
- Full school holidays
- Small class sizes with specialist TA support
- The chance to be part of an expanding, national organisation that recognises skill, effort and potential and grows its own leadership teams
- Enhanced occupational sickness scheme
- Flexible pension
- Specialist, approachable and responsive SLT
- Regular therapeutic and supportive supervision
- Employee benefit service with access to wellbeing services, salary sacrifice schemes, high street vouchers, money off eating-out and takeaways
More information on the role of Head of School:
- Regional Executive Head Teachers will support decision making and problem solving, admin and compliance teams are available to keep things running smoothly, a dedicated Head of Teaching Learning and Curriculum will help you to drive the quality of education
- You will work closely with a team of school leaders in similar settings across the region and the country, alongside a specialist Regional SENCO
Essential requirements of this Head of School role:
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- A proven record of good or outstanding teaching practice.
- An excellent, efficient, and emotionally intelligent communicator.
- The ability/willing to teach Maths and/or English to GCSE level.
- A strong desire to work inclusively within an emotionally literate environment, supporting children who have experienced adverse childhood experiences (ACEs).
- Experience of crisis-management/managing challenging behaviours and working with children with SEMH difficulties.
- A non-judgemental approach to behaviour management.
- Experience or willingness to deliver vocational subjects such as BTEC, Functional Skills or ELC.
- The ambition to progress professionally within an expanding, child-centred national organisation
- Experience and skill in working with complex multi-agency professional networks
- The legal right to work in the UK