Head of Service -Sandwell – Children in Care
Liquid Personnel are currently recruiting for an experienced Social Work Head of Service to lead and provide strategic direction for Sandwell’s Fostering, Children in Care, Care Leavers and Contact Centre Teams.
As a successful candidate, you will work in partnership with the Heads of Service group to ensure there is a whole system approach to safeguarding children and improve their outcomes.
Day to day, you will have strategic and overall responsibility ensuring that assessments and plans for children in care and care leavers are timely, appropriate to their needs and deliver improved outcomes and to secure permanence, so they experience good quality family life.
Your benefits as a Head of Service based in Sandwell:
- Great transport links
- A position that provides great career enhancement
- Friendly and supportive team
- Supportive management
- Work flexibly and are open to discuss hours to suit.
- Manageable caseloads
- High-quality professional supervision
- A permanent senior management team
- Excellent staff engagement opportunities with quarterly staff briefing sessions, team manager meetings, staff reference groups and weekly chief officer chats
- Generous relocation package
- Local Government pension scheme
- A generous annual leave entitlement
Your duties as a Head of Service based in Sandwell:
- Initiate, develop, implement and evaluate major policy initiatives and organisational change programmes.
- Demonstrate the capacity to think strategically and develop innovative and practical responses to a range of management and of translating organisational vision into solid, measurable achievement.
- Lead a service processing the ability to engage, negotiate and influence a wide range of audiences building positive relationships with key stakeholders.
- Have high expectations and ambitions for children and young people, as a corporate parent you will work relentlessly to ensure that Children and young people in Sandwell are able to benefit from the best possible outcomes.
- Manage and understand financial issues related to local authorities and have a commercial minded and able to make the most cost-effective decisions for the service.
- Provide effective leadership and management direction within a children & families service with the ability to motivate and develop individuals and groups of employees.
- Support the team in providing a quality, cost effective Looked After, Care Leavers and Fostering service which achieves the strategic aims of the Trust and the broader partnership and meets the needs of children in Sandwell.
Your requirements as a Head of Service based in Sandwell:
- Qualified Social Worker, with a valid Social Work England registration
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Hold a full UK licence
- Post-qualified experience in Children’s Services