Housing Support Worker – Calderdale
Liquid Personnel is currently looking for an experienced Housing Support Worker to join a team in Calderdale.
As a successful Housing Support Worker, you will support clients referred by the Housing Options Team to prevent homelessness. You will also support clients residents in temporary accommodation to address the difficulties that have resulted in homelessness and assist them to secure and move into settled accommodation.
Your benefits as a Housing Support Worker:
- Competitive pay rates
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Thorough induction
- Supportive team and management
What will you be doing as a Housing Support Worker in Calderdale?
- You will act as keyworker for a number of households staying in temporary accommodation or who may be ‘homeless at home’
- You will provide short term support to households referred by the Housing Options team who are at strong risk of homelessness
- You will assess and identify needs and develop and implement support plans
- You will advise and assist clients to obtain the benefits payments, health, and social care to which they may be entitled
- You will ensure that residents comply with licence agreements and initiate action when a breach of the agreement occurs
Essential requirements of this Housing Support Worker role:
- Level 3 qualification, equivalent to two A levels in a relevant area of work; youth
work, social care, housing, criminal justice
- Hold a full UK driving licence and have access to a vehicle for work purposes
- Knowledge of welfare benefits and the application process
- Knowledge of the housing options available to potentially homeless households
- The legal right to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- We will assist you from the initial phone call on-wards throughout the whole process
- Twice weekly payroll
- Competitive hourly rates
- Access to exclusive health and social care roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive health and social care knowledge
- Interview and coaching support
- Pre and post placement support to ensure you’re happy in the role