Independent Reviewing Officer/ CP Chair
Liquid Personnel is currently recruiting for a qualified and experienced Independent Reviewing Officer/ CP Chair.
Achieving for Children are focused on creating a positive supportive environment, where you will have access to a really wide range of resources, as well as a competitive salary and all the perks to enable hybrid working.
What’s in it for you as an Independent Reviewing Officer/ CP Chair:
- 29 days annual leave, increasing to 33 days after 2 years and 35 days after 4 years.
- Tailored induction sessions commencing on the date you start working for AfC
- Stable and supportive leadership
- Hybrid and mobile working (between home and work) with latest technology to facilitate this
- Local Government salary and pension scheme (LGPS or Teachers Pension)
- Flexible working options – helping to keep a good work life balance
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme
- A range of staff benefits and discounts
- An excellent learning and development offer to support your career pathway
Your main responsibilities as an Independent Reviewing Officer/ CP Chair:
- Ensure that reviews/conferences are chaired in line with Departmental and LSCP policy and procedures as well as Governmental guidance (e.g. Working Together).
- In Child protection conferences, to make decisions about the risk of significant harm and where required ensure that an effective multi-disciplinary Child Protection Plan is agreed upon, clarifying objectives to be met, by whom, in what timescales and to include contingencies.
- To ensure attention is paid to children’s participation and rights, eliciting their wishes and feelings in planning for them or reviewing their care arrangements. In particular to ensure that a child is seen independently when old enough and is aware of his/her right to complain and the possibility of advocacy.
- To represent the Council at national and regional events on the development of strategy, policy and practice in relation to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of children, when required.
- To undertake any further duties consistent with the post, grade and objectives and work of the Quality Assurance & Safeguarding Service as directed by the Quality Assurance Manager.
What we are looking for in an Independent Reviewing Officer/ CP Chair:
- A diploma in Social Work or equivalent Social Work qualification and be Social Work England Registered
- Have a substantial post qualification experience of working as a child care social worker in a statutory agency.
- Experience of team management, performance management, training and supervision.