Independent Reviewing Officer – Merton – Reviewing and Insights Team
Liquid Personnel is currently recruiting a Independent Reviewing Officer to join the busy team at a Merton based Reviewing and Insights Team.
– £963 car allowance p/a
– 26 days annual leave, rising to 31 days with five years continuous local government service
– Highly visible and committed senior frontline managers
– Stable and permanent management team
– An extensive professional development programme and purposeful career pathways
– A wider programme to support your wellbeing
– Highly competitive pay rates and generous annual leave entitlement
– Excellent transport links.
The role of the IRO includes:
- Chair independently initial and review child protection conferences
- Chair Children looked after reviews
- Chair Contextual Harm Conferences and complex child in need meetings
- Undertake thematic audits for quality assurance.
The role you would be coming to do:
To provide independent monitoring and scrutiny of the care plans for children in care, subject to child protection and contextual harm, ensuring appropriate and timely decision-making, the timely progression of plans and the provision of high quality care.
To work with children, families, social workers and other partners to achieve the best outcomes for children in care and in need of protection, bringing challenge and support to the work of social workers, managers and partners as required to raise the standard of care planning for all children in care.
The person we are looking for:
We are looking for an experienced social worker, with management experience, and experience of chairing meetings and quality assuring the delivery of services to children in care, child protection and complex child in need. You need to ensure that the child/young person’s voice is heard and is listened to within our work. You need to be highly professional, offering high support and high challenge to the social work teams and partner agencies who provide services. You need to be highly organised; evidence a sound knowledge of local and national policies and procedures; and keep up to date with research and good practice.
For further details contact Mozz Radwan