IRO – Children Safeguarding – Trafford
Liquid Personnel are looking for an experienced IRO to join a Manchester based Childrens Safeguarding team.
The team have an established management structure. The Service Leads is accessible as are the wider social care teams and there is a well embedded culture of trust and support within the service among the social workers and hierarchy.
Benefits of the role:
- Trafford were pleased to see this recognised in the Ofsted report that followed their ILACS inspection in late 2022, which highlighted that “social workers in Trafford are overwhelmingly positive about both the local authority and the support they receive.”
- FREE Parking
- FREE tea and Coffee
- Average case load in CP today is 18.
- Full IT to a high standard
- Hybrid working. 1 in 5 duty weeks for allocations
As a IRO you will be:
- As an IRO/CP Chair you will be responsible for the Chairing of Initial and Review Child Protection Conferences and Cared for Children Reviews.
- Trafford have made a distinction between the two and these vacant posts will be to Chair Initial and Review Child Protection Conferences, although you may be required to Chair some Cared for Children Reviews where it is felt in the best interest of the child/young person to provide continuity.
- You will be required to ensure we meet our statutory requirements in respect to the timeliness of Child Protection Conferences and monitor plans via mid-point reviews to ensure that the plans agreed are progressing and making a difference to the child/young person and that they are appropriately safeguarded.
- You will act as a practice leader providing support and challenge to all partners, and where appropriate raising informal challenges/dispute resolutions to ensure children and young people are receiving quality services that reduce risk and enable children and young people to remain within their family where it is safe to do so.
- You will share good practice and offer direction to partners to enable continuous improvement in practice.
We require you to have:
- Social Work England registration
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- Hold a full UK license.
- Post-qualified experience
- Degree level or equivalent in Social Work
Why Liquid Personnel?
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren’t available from other agencies.
- Free access to Liquid’s exclusive social work training and CPD portal
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus – get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
“Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us*
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes*
We are unable to support or accept applications from candidates who are residents within the Red or Amber list of the Code of practice for the international recruitment of health and social care personnel in England, based on the World Health Organisation (WHO) Workforce Support and Safeguard List.