Lead Teacher – Vision Impaired Children and Young People – Bradford
Liquid Personnel is currently looking for a Lead Teacher to join our client’s team in Bradford.
Main responsibilities as Lead Teacher:
- Be responsible for ensuring service targets, policies and priorities as defined in the Service Development / Improvement Plan are implemented and evaluated accordingly.
- Ensure effective monitoring and evaluation of teaching and support in the ARC, to constantly improve outcomes considering how vision impairment can promote citizenship, spiritual cultural, mental and physical development and preparation for adult life.
- Lead, motivate, support, challenge and develop staff to secure improvement and a high-quality service.
The above duties are not exhaustive, and the post holder may be required
to undertake tasks, roles and responsibilities as may be reasonably assigned to them by the Assistant Head and Head of Service.
Relevant Experience Requirement: Essential for shortlisting
- Teaching experience with Vision Impaired pupils
- Management experience within a resourced provision for VI pupils or in a Local Authority Service for VI children
- Experience of cultural diversity and working in a multi-cultural environment
- Experience of working in partnership with a range of other staff to effect excellent outcomes for children.
- Desirable: Management experience within a secondary Resourced Provision for VI pupils.
Relevant Professional Qualifications Requirement:
- Qualification as a Teacher of the Vision Impaired
- UEB Braille qualification – RNIB / Positive Eye, or equivalent
- Desirable: Recognised qualification in Leadership and Management
Must be able to perform all duties and tasks with reasonable adjustment, where appropriate, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010 in relation to Disability Provisions Special Conditions: Management require that the following check be carried out as part of the recruitment process. Full Enhanced DBS check.
Why work with Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive SEND knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of SEND positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus – get £250 for each worker you refer who we successfully place*
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes*