Learning Mentor – Cheshire – ASD
Liquid Personnel is currently recruiting for a Learning Mentor to join our client based in Cheshire
As a successful Learning Mentor, you will promote the school’s aims positively, and use effective strategies to monitor motivation and morale.
What’s in it for you as a Learning Mentor?
- Competitive salary
- Enrolled onto Pension Scheme.
- Comprehensive staff training programme
- Access to WeCare which is a 24/7 online GP, mental health support service, get fit programme and much more.
- Access to MediCash program for wellbeing benefits
Your main responsibilities as a Learning Mentor:
- To work as part of a class team, under the direction of the class teacher and transdisciplinary colleagues, to deliver effective and appropriate teaching, learning and behaviour support in all areas of school life underpinned by an evidence-based behavioural model of practice.
- To create a positive learning environment, reflective of the school’s culture and ethos as set out in its curriculum purpose statement.
- Work with pupils both individually and in small groups supporting them to overcome barriers to learning, delivering teaching, providing positive behaviour support and delivering other focused interventions.
- Act as the key worker for one pupil, taking responsibility for coordinating their resources, monitoring their daily data, and advocating for them within team meetings.
What we are looking for in a Learning Mentor:
- Legal right to work in the UK
- SEN experience
- Experience of working with or caring for children and young people
- Knowledge of safeguarding and child protection.