Learning Support Assistant – Southwark
Liquid Personnel is currently looking for a Learning Support Assistant to join our client’s team in Southwark.
Your benefits as a Learning Support Assistant:
- Thorough induction, and ongoing support
- Excellent pay rate
- Highly supportive team and management
- Excellent training and development opportunities
Your duties as a Learning Support Assistant:
- You will be required to provide support to our Lecturing staff to assist in providing educational activities for adults with special needs. You will do so by providing each student with the support needed to carry out learning.
- Carrying out therapy, health and well-being programmes to support learning as directed by the Nurse, Therapist and/or Lecturer
- Ensure that agreed individual programmes of learning for students are implemented correctly
- Work in harmony with all staff to ensure a positive atmosphere within the College is maintained for the benefit of our students
- Ensure that students’ well-being is maintained at all times
- You will support our students to gain self-confidence and independence through encouragement and reassurance, and the use of teaching and learning strategies. You will do this by supporting the students in accessing a range of home, community, work related and basic skills learning programmes, under the direction of the Lecturer.
You should have experience of working, caring or voluntary work with people who have Special Educational Needs and Disabilities. Experience of working within a team is also essential.