Learning Support Practitioner – Somerset
Liquid Personnel is currently recruiting for a Learning Support Practitioner to join a specialist college for young people with learning disabilities based in Minehead, Somerset.
You will be an integral part to changing lives and giving students the skills, knowledge, and confidence to successfully shape their own future with the aim to equip our young adults with the life and hospitality skills to become work ready, life ready.
What’s in it for you as a Learning Support Practitioner:
- Full training and continued support
- Opportunity to gain qualifications, which will be funded by us!
- 10% off accommodation, hot drinks, and food at Foxes Hotel
- Life assurance and pension
- Health cash back plan
- Car lease scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Perk box
- Free parking
Your main responsibilities as a Learning Support Practitioner:
As a Learning Support Practitioner your role will be to assist students in residential houses and at Foxes Hotel, to help achieve the mission to equip young adults with learning disabilities to find sustainable employment in the hospitality sector and to live independently. You to have high expectations of all students, and to constantly challenge and stretch each student at every opportunity. You will support the students in their learning, enabling them to reach their full potential. You will professionally and effectively support with managing student behaviour, seeking further advice and guidance where appropriate. You will work professionally and collaboratively with the session tutor to develop a positive, constructive, and proactive relationship that benefits the students and contributes significantly to their success within each session and over the duration of the course. In addition, you will use strategies to promote students’ wider skills development, such as in communication, self-advocacy, presentation skills and teamwork. You will work professionally 1:1 with students as directed by House Team Leaders and other LSP’s, monitoring their personal management and independent skills.
What we are looking for in a Learning Support Practitioner:
- Experience in a similar role desirable but training can be provided for the right candidate
- Experience in supporting in the care or education industry
- Desirable an understanding of working with people with a disability
- Desirable Level 3 qualification in education or care
- Ability to work on a rota pattern – please note; that this will typically mean working every other weekend