Nursery Nurse SC6 – Haringey – Special Education Needs
Liquid Personnel is currently looking for an experienced Nursery Nurse SC6 to join our clients Special Education Needs Team in Haringey, London.
As a successful Nursery Nurse SC6, you will support the Early Years Officer in developing and inspiring a high level of care, learning, play and education for children aged 1 year to rising 5-year-olds.
Your benefits as a Nursery Nurse:
- £18.76 per hour pay rate
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Supportive team and management
What will you be doing as a Nursery Nurse in Haringey?
- You will take responsibility for developing close professional relationships with an identified group of children and their parents to support children’s emotional wellbeing and learning
- You will act as key person and take responsibility for working with groups of children on planned learning experiences across all six areas of learning including preparing, setting up, managing, and clearing up materials and equipment, in both indoor and outdoor learning areas.
- You will take a role in the planning and delivery of the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum.
- You will make observations and assessments of children’s play, progress, and behaviour, creating and maintaining a record of children’s learning on Tapestry.
- You will foster children’s language development, and where appropriate, encourage and support the use of home languages and other communication aids as appropriate
- You will foster children’s independence, self-reliance confidence and wellbeing.
- You will support children to develop personal care skills including toileting, feeding, and washing.
- You will take small groups of children out of school to develop their interests in their local environment and to support EYOs on organised trips.
- To support children with a variety of Special Education Needs and Disability (SEND) within the centre.
- You will attend Special Needs review meetings and contribute to any discussions regarding the progress of children in their care. To ensure that children with special needs and disabilities are fully integrated into the provision and to ensure that the requirements of the Disability Discrimination Act and the borough’s inclusion policy are implemented.
- You will implement any appropriate actions and targets set at specific meetings for their key children
Essential requirements of this Nursery Nurse role:
- Recognised education/childcare or Early Years qualification (NVQ Level 3)
- Experience of working with children 0 – 5
- Inclusive practice of children with special needs
- Experience of working in partnership with parents and other professionals
- Experience of providing a planned, integrated curriculum which advocates play based learning
- The legal right to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus – get £200 for each worker you refer who we successfully place*
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.