Occupational Therapist – Band 7 – Rainham – ARD Intensive Rehab Service
Liquid Personnel is currently looking for an Experienced Occupational Therapist to join our client’s team in Rainham.
Due to the nature of this role, our client requires an Occupational Therapist who has post qualified experience in a similar role.
Benefits of Occupational Therapist role:
- Hybrid working available
- Manageable caseloads
- Excellent training and development opportunities
Your duties as an Occupational Therapist:
- To manage a case load including customers with high priority or urgent needs requiring specialist assessments.
- To carry out OT Specialist assessment in customer’s home to determine risk and eligibility for services. To develop and implement quality care plans creatively using available resources that cost effectively meet the needs of customers within an overall budget.
- To assess for and recommend, within guidance, equipment, and minor and major adaptations in customers’ homes. To make recommendations, prepare sketches and complete online orders, within agreed authorisation level. To check satisfactory installation and ensure that customers /carers are trained in safe and correct use of equipment and adaptations.
- To be responsible for designing cost effective and innovative schemes to adapt customer’s homes. To complete scale drawings and specifications for major adaptations to customer’s properties.
- To undertake moving handling risk assessments. To be able to demonstrate / teach safer handling techniques to customers and informal carers and relevant professionals, in accordance with relevant legislation and risk management strategies. To advise on adaptive and compensatory techniques involving carers and family when appropriate.
To be a specialist resource and provide advice and information to staff in the social services department, to colleagues in the health service, to voluntary agencies, housing department and other agencies such as contractors, care agencies customer’s relatives providing knowledge of relevant legislation, protocols and on age related mental/physical frailty and physical disability issues.
Essential requirements of this Occupational Therapist role:
To maintain clear and concise records and statistics. To adhere to procedures and statutory duties in line with national and local policy, practice, and professional standards. At times to complete complex written reports within tight deadlines
They will take a whole family approach to child protection to keep more children safely at home with their families you will also be required to have the legal right to work in the UK.
Why work with Liquid?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive criminal justice knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of probation work positions across the UK
Refer a friend
“Refer a Friend” bonus – get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
“Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us*
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes*