Occupational Therapist Band 8a – North East London – Children with Disabilities
Liquid Personnel is currently looking for a Band 8a Occupational Therapist to join our clients Disabilities Team in North East London. You will independently manage a clinical caseload of children with a range of complex needs.
As a successful Occupational Therapist, you will lead on and contribute to the provision of OT services to children who present with complex disabilities in special schools, mainstream schools, and early years settings both with/without educational statements.
Your benefits as a Band 8a Occupational Therapist:
- £36.70 per hour
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Highly supportive team and management
- Manageable caseloads
Your duties as a Band 8a Occupational Therapist:
- You will provide specialist assessment, advice, treatment, and management to address the child’s needs, based on sound clinical reasoning.
- You will be responsible for establishing innovative practices through clinical leadership whilst ensuring optimum use of human and material resources.
- You will provide clinical support, supervision, advice and second opinions to more junior colleagues, and specialist training for other professionals
- You will develop and maintain the skills and knowledge required of a highly specialist paediatric OT
- You will support in the development of training packages to school staff / parents / other professionals as required, for them to identify concerns regarding the child /young person’s needs and implement therapy advice effectively.
- You will demonstrate empathy with clients, carers, families, and colleagues, ensuring that effective communication is achieved, particularly where barriers to understanding exist. ·
- You will maintain sensitivity at all times to the emotional needs of clients/carers when imparting complex /distressing information regarding the nature of the client’s difficulties and the impact on individuals and their families
- You will work closely with clients, carers, and families, involving them in planning the patient/client management relevant to the child’s needs
- You will resolve informal complaints sensitively and to support OT Clinical lead in responding to formal complaints via information gathering and drafting initial response ·
- You will support the management of the Children’s Occupational Therapy service as requested by the Clinical Lead for Children’s OT
- You will be accountable for own professional actions and recognize own professional boundaries, seeking advice as appropriate
- You will work within defined departmental and national polices and professional code of conduct
Essential requirements of this Occupational Therapist role:
- Qualified Occupational Therapist, with valid HCPC registration
- Extensive post qualified experience, with experience of children with disabilities
- The legal right to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- Access to exclusive roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive sector knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of Allied Health positions across the UK
- Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
- Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
- “Refer a Friend” bonus – get £200 for each worker you refer who we successfully place
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £200 for bringing your own position to us
- Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Healthcare and Liquid HC is the healthcare division of Liquid Personnel Ltd.
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy