Occupational Therapist – Bury – Disabilities
Liquid Personnel is currently looking for an experienced Occupational Therapist to join our clients Disabilities Team in Bury.
As a successful Occupational Therapist, you will help people of all ages who have physical, mental health or social problems adapt to any aspect of their life with more independence, confidence, and control. You will assess the patient’s ability to perform activities and design treatment programmes to increase their capability to tackle difficulties.
Your benefits as an Occupational Therapist:
- £30 per hour
- Manageable caseloads
- Thorough induction, and ongoing support
- Supportive team and management
Your duties as an Occupational Therapist:
- You will carry out manual handling risk assessments, interventions, and equipment provision; adhere to relevant manual handling legislation, local policies, and procedures.
- To have a comprehensive working knowledge of Disabled Faculties Grants (DFG) and the legislation, to carry out assessments and recommendations as required by the DFG legislation.
- You will work in collaboration with assessment and care management to ensure care provision is appropriate post intervention i.e. care package is reduced if independence is increased. To take on the role of lead professional in complex cases as appropriate.
- You will carry out carer assessments and interventions as appropriate.
- You will participate in triaging referrals to identify eligible unmet need and priority. There is a requirement to support self-assessment and direct provision of services. Signposting and advice to clients who do not meet the criteria of council service provision or do not wish to have a service provided but wish to provide this for themselves.
Essential requirements of this Occupational Therapist role:
- Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Must be registered with Health Professions Council (HPC)
- Extensive experience of working with older people and people with mental health or physical disabilities
- The ability to build strong working partnerships
- Good interpersonal skills
- Decision making and organisational skills
- The ability to explain, and encourage and build confidence
- The ability to create a rapport with a range of people, especially people with disabilities.
- Awareness of health & safety issues
- The legal right to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- Access to exclusive roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive sector knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of Allied Health positions across the UK
- Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
- Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
- “Refer a Friend” bonus – get £200 for each worker you refer who we successfully place
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £200 for bringing your own position to us
- Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Healthcare and Liquid HC is the healthcare division of Liquid Personnel Ltd.
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy