Occupational Therapist – Reading – Locality Team
Liquid Personnel is currently looking for an experienced Occupational Therapist to join our clients Locality Team in Reading.
As a successful Occupational Therapist, you will carry out holistic Occupational Therapy assessments and interventions to clients who have a wide range of medical conditions and physical disabilities. Ensuring opportunities for reablement, maximising individual’s ability to care for themselves in the community and manging risks at the lowest practical level.
For this role, you must be able to work Fridays. Our client is willing to consider a condensed week, or a 4-day working week.
Your benefits as an Occupational Therapist:
- £32 per hour
- Thorough induction, and ongoing support
- Our client is willing to consider a condensed week, or a 4-day working week
- Highly supportive team and management
- Manageable caseloads
Your duties as an Occupational Therapist:
- You will carry out manual handling risk assessments, interventions, and equipment provision; adhere to relevant manual handling legislation, local policies, and procedures.
- To have a comprehensive working knowledge of Disabled Faculties Grants (DFG) and the legislation, to carry out assessments and recommendations as required by the DFG legislation.
- You will work in collaboration with assessment and care management to ensure care provision is appropriate post intervention i.e. care package is reduced if independence is increased. To take on the role of lead professional in complex cases as appropriate.
- You will carry out carer assessments and interventions as appropriate.
- You will participate in triaging referrals to identify eligible unmet need and priority. There is a requirement to support self-assessment and direct provision of services. Signposting and advice to clients who do not meet the criteria of council service provision or do not wish to have a service provided but wish to provide this for themselves.
Essential requirements of this Occupational Therapist role:
- You will be an HCPC registered Occupational Therapist
- You will be a pro-active learner and you will be supported in your development in this field
- You will have strong communication and organisation skills, and a flexible approach will ensure you deliver positive experiences to patients at every stage of their healthcare journey.
- The legal right to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- Access to exclusive roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive sector knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of Allied Health positions across the UK
- Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
- Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
- “Refer a Friend” bonus – get £200 for each worker you refer who we successfully place
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £200 for bringing your own position to us
- Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Healthcare and Liquid HC is the healthcare division of Liquid Personnel Ltd.
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy