Occupational Therapist – West Essex – Community
Permanent, Full Time
We are currently looking for an experienced Occupational Therapist to join a fantastic Community Service in West Essex.
The West Essex area covers Harlow, Epping and Uttlesford. West Essex is unique as it borders London boroughs, Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire and has close links to NHS partners in the area.
As a successful Occupational Therapist, you will be involved in initiatives that run across authorities and organisations. With close proximity to bordering counties and North East London the area is ideal for those that want to commute into Essex.
Your benefits as an Occupational Therapist:
- £32,787 to £44,826 per annum
- Manageable caseloads
- Supportive team and management
- Excellent training and development opportunities
What will you be doing as an Occupational Therapist?
- You will undertake a range of assessments, interventions, and support for the residents of Essex, with a focus on occupation, activity, choice, and control
- You will empower residents to achieve their functional goals and aspirations the OTs use a strengths-based approach, utilising appropriate community assets, and provide appropriate adaptations and equipment
- You will be making an impact in housing, community sector coalition, commissioning, provider quality, organisational safeguards, mental health or learning disabilities, to name a few
- You will carry out assessments of risk and deliver therapeutic interventions, which build resilience and enable independent living for vulnerable adults. Our OT’s also undertake related aspects of social care work, such as safeguarding, mental capacity and best interest assessments, care and support planning and ensuring the appropriate support from other agencies is in place or available.
Essential requirements of this Occupational Therapist role:
- Degree or diploma in Occupational Therapy, or equivalent qualification, with current Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registration
- The legal right to work in the UK
- This role involves travelling around Essex. A driving licence and car – or the ability to meet the mobility requirements of the role through other means – is essential.