Personal Advisor – Cheshire East – Care Leaver/CP/Safeguarding
Liquid Personnel is currently looking for an experienced Personal Advisor to join our clients Care Leaver/CP/Safeguarding Team in Cheshire East.
As a successful Personal Advisor, you will act as a corporate parent for young people who are preparing to leave the care of the local authority. You will provide qualitative assessments, ongoing support, advice and guidance to promote the potential of care leavers to develop the skills necessary to live independently.
Your benefits as a Personal Advisor:
- £16.41 per hour
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Thorough induction, and ongoing support
- Highly supportive team and management
What will you be doing as a Personal Advisor in Cheshire East?
- Build and sustain relationships with young people who are preparing to leave care to ensure their views are considering and that practice is centred on meeting their needs
- Participate in assessment, preparation and review of care leavers’ pathway plans to equip them with the emotional, social and financial skills required for successful independent living
- Co-ordinate the provision of services and take reasonable steps so that care leavers make use of these services
- Maintain effective communication with partner agencies and other professionals in the development of services and to keep informed about care leavers’ progress and wellbeing
- Keep full, accurate and up-to-date records of contact with the care leaver and services provided using the Council’s electronic recording system
- Provide a rapid and flexible response to supporting in crisis, which may include out of normal office hours and occasional weekend working
- Promote the Council’s Equal Opportunities Policy in the delivery of services and treatment of others by maintaining a caring ethos that takes account of young people’s race, culture, disability, gender and
Essential requirements of this Personal Advisor role:
- NVQ 3 Advice and Guidance or NVQ 3 Health and Social Care
- Good general education to NVQ level 3
- Knowledge of education, training and employment structures and trends
- Awareness of assessment methods for young people
- A clear understanding of the issues facing young people
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working partnerships
- The legal right to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- We will assist you from the initial phone call on-wards throughout the whole process
- Twice weekly payroll
- Competitive hourly rates
- Access to exclusive health and social care roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive health and social care knowledge
- Interview and coaching support
- Pre and post placement support to ensure you’re happy in the role